Sports Commission Internship Position Rochester, New York
Duties to include:
- Consumer Profiling
- Facility Guide
Monroe County Sports Commission, 400 Andrews Street, Suite 100 Rochester, NY 14604
Term: Spring, Summer, Fall – Willing to work with students to fit dates
Spring Semester Term date: Starting Mid January
Summer Term date: Starting Early May
Fall Semester Term date: Starting Late August
Qualifications: Enrolled in a four year program in Sport Management or related field. Able to provide own transportation.
Responsibilities to Include:
- Ticketing experience will include handling money and ticket operations at Monroe County Sports Sponsored events such as Hockey or Rugby tournaments.
- Communications experience could include writing press releases for upcoming Monroe County Sports Sponsored Events and distribute them to the appropriate media outlets.
- Advertising/Marketing experience could include being visible at selected Monroe County Sports Sponsored events, to promote the Monroe County Sports Commission, involvement in preparing bid books, advertisements, and posters for events.
- Consumer profiling experience could include being visible at most Monroe County Sports Sponsored events to distribute and collect event surveys. Intern will then be asked to compile surveys to find demographics of each event.
- Facility Guide could include contacting each current facility in our database and recording any updates found, including building/layout changes that may affect events. Intern will be required to obtain photographs and descriptions of current facilities and new facilities for database.
- On-site Operations when needed.
Send resume and cover letter to:
**Internships may vary dependent upon events given during the term**
**Above responsibilities are examples, intern may not have opportunity during specified term**